Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's official: We're milking again!

Carmen and Carlotta



Monster
Monster

Carmen

In typical sheep fashion I was proved wrong-it was not number 20 aka 'the udder' who lambed first but a very slim looking Dizzy, who produced a lamb whose been dubbed (for the mean time) Monster-a feisty little ram with an appetite to match his name. Number 20 followed shortly after with two lovely little ewes, Carmen and Carlotta. They are all doing well and we are enjoying our new bail-the cement has yet to go in the holding yard though *sigh* I expect, judging by the growing bellies, we will have more babies soon.
Anyway here are some pics of the cuteness to tide you over :)
Nessa

1 comment:

Burke Brandon said...

yeah they are good at tricking us. I tried to draft ewes off on udder development one and I couldn't have got lambing order more wrong! Some just hang on forever. Mine are crutched now (including the whole belly). I'm just been getting my hot water system going today.