Sunday, April 12, 2009

What holiday?




Ah, this is the time of year the ewes are dry and I have my holiday, a relaxing time of reading and just generally having time to watch TV in the evenings instead of falling asleep in front of it. No milking twice a day, no lamb feeding, no fingernail chewing waiting on ewes to lamb and definitely no scrubbing milking gear! My holiday sounds great doesn't it? NOT! Why? Well building a dairy is not coming in high on my list of relaxing things to do, and yesterday (on my way to a market no less) I spotted an orphan lamb in the paddock-so off I went in my clean cloths to rescue said lamb-amazingly I got to the market on time. So now I have 2 hungry mouths to feed! So much for a holiday........the ewes start lambing in June! Anyway meet Lola the latest addition to the household, Henry is unimpressed after all Henry has priority's 1.eat 2. sleep 3.play in that order, Lola also has priority's 1.eat 2.yell 3. sleep, and boy can she yell, she yells morning, noon and night, she yells before her bottle, she yells after her bottle, she yells when she sees a shadow, yep she's a yell-er (even the neighbours heard her!) it's quite a rude shock for Henry who is for the most part the silent type and is used to being the centre of attention. Lola can also eat, she loves eating, her bottle is consumed in record time and I'm sure she'd have more if I'd let her.
Nessa

1 comment:

Burke Brandon said...

Cute coats - they obviously get plenty of TLC there.